How hard is it to find a decent alfredo sauce at the store? Impossible, I think. I’ve tried. This recipe makes alfredo sauce that tastes like you got it at an Italian restaurant, and it only takes you about 5 minutes prep time and 45 minutes to cook. Costs about $12. Feeds about 6, maybe 8, people.
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese (in the specialty cheese section of the supermarket)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz. fettuccine noodles
- Melt butter in the microwave & add to the crock pot.
- Add cream & both cheeses.
- Cover and heat on HIGH until it’s melted and bubbly (about 45 minutes), careful not to burn it (stir if edge starts to brown).
- Cook noodles according to package directions then drain (don’t rinse).
- Add noodles to crock pot & stir.
- Sprinkle any remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
- If you like, add grilled chicken on top.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the crock-pot. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
Latest posts by Shelli Johnson (see all)
Grand Prize Winner, Grant Winner, & Silver Medal Winner