So I spent a week in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Just me & the beach & a coffee pot. What more do you need, right? 😀
Anyway, I stayed off the Internet the entire time (& didn’t have withdrawals or anything ~ lol). Here’s what I did:
- Played with my digital camera (had a blast!)
- Finished reading the books that have been sitting on my nightstand for the past two months (Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed & The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks ~ both excellent, btw, and worth your time)
- Wrote a bunch of blog posts (coming up)
- Finished up a concept project I’ve been working on: Encourage Yourself 21-Day Challenge (it starts on my blog next week, give it a try!)
- Nearly finished the last draft of my own novel (which will ~ yay! ~ be going on to the editor soon).
Here’s what else I did too:
- Spent an afternoon at the outlet mall.
- Walked the beach every morning and evening.
- Spent a few afternoons shooting pictures.
- Watched a couple of movies on DVD.
- Went hiking on the sand dunes, twice.
You might think I’m Wonder Woman. Ha. I did. I couldn’t believe how much stuff I got done. And how much richer, slower, and more relaxed my life felt. I didn’t cram all that stuff in. I just had time. Plenty of time.
I encourage you to do the same. Unplug. And watch your life bloom.
Have you made your Life List yet?