Okay, so sometimes I say yes to things without fully appreciating what I’m getting myself into. The Ultimate Blog Challenge (UBC) was one of those things. It’s a challenge to write 30 posts in 30 days. So for the month of April, I cranked out a post a day.
Here’s the good that came from it:
- It reminded me of my days as a reporter, being on deadline, cranking out copy (& proved to me I could still do it).
- It reminded me to let go of the work, put it out there in the world and let go, put it out and let go because there isn’t time to wonder if it’s good enough; I’m on deadline & I’ve got to write another & another & another.
- It reaffirmed that what matters is the work, the big picture not the petty little stuff (numbers!) that lots of people use to gauge their success/worth.
- It connected me with lots of other amazing bloggers I wouldn’t have known about otherwise.
- I showed myself how much strength I have when I kept pushing even though there were a bunch of days I just wanted to quit.
As for me, whew, I’m taking a break from blogging for a little bit. So enjoy your spring. I’ll see you back here in a couple of weeks.
Have you started your Life List yet?