Ever had one of those days when you just want to curl up with some comfort food? Maybe your kid/spouse/boss/in-law/insert-someone-you-can’t-take-a-break-from is getting under your skin? Or a deadline is looming and you’re not even close to being done? Or maybe you’ve just about had it with everything and you need a little something warm to soothe your soul? Or maybe life is awesome and you’re just hungry and would like something tasty and easy? Well, I’ve got the solution for you right here. Get out your slow cooker and read on. And yes, at the risk of flat-out sounding like a braggart, it really is the best chicken noodle soup I’ve ever tasted.
Prep. time: 10 minutes. Cost: Less than $10. Serves: 6 – 8.
- 1 cup carrots (peeled & diced)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 pound uncooked white-meat chicken (diced)
- 3 14.5-ounce cans of chicken broth
- 1 10.75-ounce can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- Add everything except the egg noodles into the Crock-Pot.
- Cover & cook for 5 hours on HIGH.
- Add noodles & stir. Cover again and cook for 30 more minutes on HIGH.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the Crock-Pot. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.