Have a bunch of too-ripe bananas that nobody will eat? Don’t want to throw them out? Well, here’s a recipe that was supposed to be banana bread but somewhere along the line I made a mistake & it ended up a yummy banana cake. My youngest son declares it a winner! Feeds 8 – 10. Costs less than $10.
• 3 ripe bananas, mashed
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup soft/melted shortening
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Combine bananas, eggs, shortening, sugar, milk, & lemon juice in one bowl. Use mixer on low speed until blended.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, & salt. Stir with a spoon.
3. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, mixing on low speed until blended.
4. Coat crock-pot with non-stick spray.
5. Pour batter into crock-pot.
6. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours or until edges start to brown & a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Turn off crock-pot & let cake cool for about 30 minutes before cutting into servings.
8. Serve warm or not.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the crock-pot. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
Grand Prize Winner, Grant Winner, & Silver Medal Winner