“Our most effective weapon is laughter.” ~Mark Twain
According to many medical centers (including the Mayo Clinic & the University of Maryland, their research quoted here), laughter is great for your health. Here are 7 reasons that you should do whatever you need to do to belly laugh at least once every day:
- Decreases the stress hormones cortisol and epinephrine.
- Balances (lower/raise depending on your body) blood pressure & improves blood circulation.
- Relaxes muscles which in turn helps your whole body & mind to relax.
- Helps open up airways and increases oxygen intake (because you take deeper breaths when you’re belly laughing).
- Acts as a natural pain reliever by releasing endorphins (hormones that increase our feeling of well-being & help with pain management).
- Improves immune system function by increasing the level of antibodies within you that fight bacteria & infection.
- Connects you with other people because it’s a universal language that puts people at ease & that everyone understands.
So do you belly laugh at least once a day? If not, start today!
Have you started your Life List yet?