It’s absolutely possible to lose the weight you gained during quarantine. You can do it without dieting, without strife and struggle, without sacrificing foods you enjoy. Here’s how:
1. To lose the weight you gained during quarantine, know you’re not alone
I gained weight during quarantine too. I ended up gaining 13 pounds because I was using food in a way it was never intended to be used. I was desperately trying to get food to fix something, namely a trapped feeling I had that I didn’t want to feel. I’ve since lost the weight easily by doing what I’m going to be teaching you how to do.
Start Where You Are
Eat what you want, lose weight, & keep it off.
2. To lose the weight you gained during quarantine, forgive yourself
To lose the weight you gained during quarantine, you really need to cut yourself some slack and forgive yourself immediately. You simply made a mistake, which just means you’re human. It’s okay. Don’t beat yourself up. Don’t berate yourself or judge yourself or pinch your body and call yourself names. Simply take a deep breath, forgive yourself, learn what you can then take that knowledge with you so you can do better next time, and move on.
3. To lose the weight you gained during quarantine, stop using food to try to fix anything
Food has one job and that’s as fuel for your body. If you’re using it for anything else, you’re using food in a way it was never intended to be used. In the moments after you overeat, ask yourself: Did food actually fix anything at all? You’ll come to find that it didn’t. The anxiety is still there. The fear is too. So is the uncertainty and the boredom and the change in your routine. Food didn’t actually fix anything at all. All overeating did was cause you to gain weight.
4. To lose the weight you gained during quarantine, be calm
Do yourself a kindness and stop stressing.
- Don’t obsess about how much you gained.
- Don’t tell yourself how hard it will be to get the weight back off.
- Don’t get on the scale every day to decide if it’s going to be a good day or a bad day based on the number.
Simply take a deep breath, hold it for a few seconds, then let it out your mouth with an audible sound. Then do whatever you need to do to calm yourself, whether that’s speaking strength to yourself or going for a walk outside, or writing in a journal. Whatever it is you need to do so you can calm down, give yourself permission to do it.
5. To lose the weight you gained during quarantine, start again right where you are
To lose the weight you gained during quarantine, you need to do two things:
- Start listening to your body cues again and take action based on what they tell you. All you need to do is eat between the bounds of hunger and fullness.
- Determine what the actual problem is. Once you do that, ask yourself this: What action can you take that will actually solve your problem? So, for example, if you’re full of anxiety and fear: What can you do to lessen the anxiety and fear? What steps can you take that will make you feel more calm and relaxed about the situation? Or if you’re bored: What action can you take that will make your life more exciting? Then take action based on those questions to address the actual problem and solve it for yourself.
Get off the diet-go-round. Get on with your life.®
Stop wishing, start doing.
Create your own weight loss before and after success story.
My weight loss transformation & how it can help you lose the weight you gained during quarantine
You absolutely can break the diet cycle. I got free. Your life can be that way too.
I made my own path because I needed to get myself out of the crazy-making behavior I was having around food. I needed:
- no more dieting.
- no more restrictive eating.
- no weighing and measuring food.
- no off-limit foods.
- no more judgment around food.
- no more trying to figure out healthy eating or just what healthy foods to eat.
- no more judging my self-worth based on the scale.
- no more you’re-not-doing-it-perfectly diet rules that were only fueling my constant thinking about and obsession with food.
I needed to stop: searching for weight loss tips, wondering how to lose belly fat fast or how to lose weight fast, worrying about how to eat healthy or finding healthy snacks for weight loss, coming up with yet another healthy eating plan, trying to have quick weight loss, or forcing myself onto yet another weight loss diet. What I needed instead was to find, out of all the weight loss programs out there, the best weight loss program for me. Turns out, the best way to lose weight was to find out what works for me and do that.
- I’ve lost 160+ pounds naturally by simply trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and eating intuitively).
- I have maintained that weight loss for 9 years and counting by trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and intuitive eating).
- I no longer have any eating disorders, including bulimia (bulimia nervosa) and binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating).
- I no longer have a fear of food.
Just imagine what you could be doing with your life if you’d just commit to having your own before and after weight loss success story. You could be: following your own dreams and reaching your own goals, cultivating your own passions, and making both your inner and outer worlds a more blissful and peaceful place.
I got that for my life. I want it for yours. I will teach you how.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Coaching
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Coaching
1-on-1 personalized coaching
so you can eat what you want & lose weight.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Books
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Books
A series of weight-loss books to help you
create a body & a life that you love.
How to Lose Weight and Eat What You Want™ Online Course
Let today be the day you make peace with your body and with food.
For more information, check out the Start Where You Are Weight Loss® page.