Ever had one of those days when you just had a taste for slow-cooker chicken noodle soup? Well, I’ve got the solution for you right here. Get out your slow-cooker and read on. And yes, at the risk of flat-out sounding like a braggart, it really is the best chicken noodle soup I’ve ever tasted.
Prep. time: 10 minutes. Cost: Less than $10. Serves: 6 – 8.
To make slow-cooker chicken noodle soup, you’ll need:
- 1 cup carrots (peeled & diced)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 pound uncooked white-meat chicken (diced)
- 3 14.5-ounce cans of chicken broth
- 1 10.75-ounce can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
To make slow-cooker chicken noodle soup, follow these directions:
- Add everything except the egg noodles into the slow-cooker.
- Cover & cook for 5 hours on HIGH.
- Add noodles & stir. Cover again and cook for 30 more minutes on HIGH.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the slow-cooker. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.