Want something yummy to serve for breakfast? Got 10 minutes & a slow-cooker? Here’s a recipe for slow-cooker blueberry breakfast bread that, so far, everyone has liked. Serves 8 – 10. Costs less than $10.
To make slow-cooker blueberry bread, you’ll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (if using frozen, make sure they are thawed, rinsed with cold water, then well-drained)
- powdered sugar
- fresh blueberries to garnish (optional)
To make slow-cooker blueberry bread, follow these directions:
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat egg then stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture & stir until blended.
- Add in blueberries & stir.
- Coat slow-cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add mixture to slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until edges start to brown & a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes then remove the bread from the slow-cooker.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar sprinkled over top & fresh blueberries as a garnish.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the slow-cooker. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.