Want something yummy to serve for breakfast? Got 10 minutes & a slow-cooker? Here’s a recipe for slow-cooker blueberry breakfast bread that, so far, everyone has liked. Serves 8 – 10. Costs less than $10.
To make slow-cooker blueberry bread, you’ll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (if using frozen, make sure they are thawed, rinsed with cold water, then well-drained)
- powdered sugar
- fresh blueberries to garnish (optional)
To make slow-cooker blueberry bread, follow these directions:
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat egg then stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture & stir until blended.
- Add in blueberries & stir.
- Coat slow-cooker with non-stick spray.
- Add mixture to slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until edges start to brown & a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes then remove the bread from the slow-cooker.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar sprinkled over top & fresh blueberries as a garnish.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the slow-cooker. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.
8 thoughts on “Slow-Cooker Blueberry Breakfast Bread”
Hi Shelli, dropping by as promised & amazed at your website … so good looking! Congrats on the success of your writing, and wishing you continued success.
btw, thanks for the receipe, I’m gonna try it with Blackberries which are literally growing everywhere this wet summer.
Take care, don’t forget to pop over to mine!
Hi Julia. Thanks so much! It really is a delicious recipe & ridiculously easy. I’ll be visiting you soon!
I have 10 minutes and a crock pot, but no blueberries handy. You know, I’ve never made a pastry in a crock pot. I think I’ll try this soon — it sounds yummy.
Hi Jan. It is yummy! Just keep an eye on the crock-pot the first time you make it ~ it’ll take longer to cook in a round crock-pot. Let me know how it turns out. 🙂
That looks delicious! Blueberries can be hard to get where I am, but next time I see some, I’m going to try this.
Hi Katheryn! It is delicious! You could probably make it with different berries. I just happen to love blueberries. 🙂
Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you made this in the crockpot. The ingredients will be on my grocery list this week. Perfect for the weekend. Thanks Shelli!
Hi Kate! I love my crock-pot because you can make all kinds of yummy & easy things. Fresh blueberries will taste better, FYI. Hope you like it. Let me know how it turns out. Cheers!
Comments are closed.