Need an easy side dish that tastes great & doesn’t cost too much? Slow-cooker cheddar cheesy potatoes are a fantastic choice. Prep. time: about 10 minutes. Costs less than $10. Feeds 6 – 8.
To make slow-cooker cheddar cheesy potatoes, you’ll need:
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled & sliced thin
- 1 cup bacon, cooked & torn into small pieces
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups, then 1/2 cup)
- Sprinkle of salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
To make slow-cooker cheddar cheesy potatoes, follow these directions:
- Using 1/3 of the potatoes, make a layer in the slow-cooker.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon over that.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese over that.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat, making layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Melt butter and combine with heavy cream, stir.
- Pour butter/cream evenly over ingredients in the slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Turn crock-pot off and remove cover. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over top. Put the cover back on & let sit 10 minutes.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the slow-cooker. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.