Well, if you enjoy chocolate (like me!), then this slow-cooker hot chocolate recipe is for you. Prep. time: about 5 minutes. Costs less than $10. Feeds 8 – 10.
To make slow-cooker hot chocolate, You’ll need:
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (60% cacao)
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups whole milk
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
To make slow-cooker hot chocolate, follow these directions:
- In a medium saucepan, mix bittersweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, & heavy cream.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Remove from heat and pour into slow-cooker.
- Add vanilla extract, whole milk, & sweetened condensed milk to slow-cooker & stir.
- Cover & heat on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until hot.
Careful, it’ll be hot.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the slow-cooker. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.
8 thoughts on “Slow-Cooker Decadent Homemade Hot Chocolate”
You seem to outdo yourself with each new recipe.
My mouth is watering already for your decadent, delightful, tasty new drink!
Thanks for sharing 😉
Hi Rich! You are welcome. Lovely to see you, as always. Let me know if you give it a try. 🙂
It looks heavenly. You’ve just solved my after school snack decision for today – thanks! I’m sure my kiblets will thank you too 😉
Thanks for sharing.
Hi lovely Sandy!! It IS heavenly, at least I think so . . . let me know how it turned out. Cheers, darlin.
Hi, Shellie. It looks yummy… Darn it! Do horror writers use words like yummy? *sigh* I hate it when I reveal that I’m really soft and not tough in the least. Now I have to send you a confidentiality agreement. 😉
Seriously, being lactose intolerant, about how much lactaid am I gonna need for that bad boy?
I hope life’s treating you well, as always, my friend. Take care.
Sorry about the extra letter in your name there. *slaps hand*
No worries . . . I answer to most anything ~ lol.
Hi Jimmy! *waves*
Ha, ha, your comment made me laugh . . . horror writers using the word yummy! 😀 Well, if you don’t have an entire bottle of lactaid around, you could probably make it with soy milk (the chocolate ought to drown out the soy milk taste). I’m doing great, thanks. I hope you are, too. Cheers, my friend.
Comments are closed.