So my lovely neighbors brought over a bunch of fresh vegetables from their garden & I felt like pasta, so I came up with this slow-cooker spaghetti sauce. It takes about 20 minutes prep time, but that’s mostly cutting up the vegetables & browning the meat (if you add meat to it). Cost me next to nothing because of my neighbors (thank you lovely neighbors!) Probably costs less than $10. Feeds about 6.
To make slow-cooker spaghetti sauce, you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 6-ounce cans of tomato paste
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water (you can add more or less, depending on how thick you like your sauce)
- 1 pound ground meat, cooked (or not, if you want vegetarian)
- 16-ounce package of your favorite pasta noodles
To make slow-cooker spaghetti sauce, follow these directions:
- Add oil, onion, green pepper, & red pepper to a skillet. Sauté on medium heat, stirring often, until browned.
- Add vegetables from step 1 & any oil drippings from the skillet to the slow-cooker.
- Add everything else on the ingredient list but the meat and noodles into the slow-cooker and stir.
- In a skillet, brown the ground meat, drain any grease, then add to the slow-cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- Cook your favorite pasta noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain pasta but don’t rinse.
- Serve sauce over top of your favorite pasta.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the slow-cooker. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.
4 thoughts on “Slow-Cooker Garden-Fresh Spaghetti Sauce”
This looks like another great recipe and that’s a lot of bang for the buck.
I’m eager to try this… big fan of pasta!
Hi Rich! It’s really good &, you’re right, cheap, too. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know how it turns out. 🙂
This sounds delicious, Shelli! I’m a spaghetti lover myself. So there’s no doubt in my mind that this recipe will get prepared in the very near future. 😉 And how awesome of your neighbors to bring over those veggie goodies… Too cool! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Hi Deone! *waves like a mad woman* I truly hope you enjoy it! Yes, having generous neighbors with a farm is awesomeness. 🙂
Comments are closed.