So to lose weight today, you need to stop lying to yourself. Period. I want you to know a few things:
- You do not have to lie to yourself ever.
- Lying to yourself causes you pain, which you then may use food to numb or avoid.
- You will never be empowered by believing a lie.
- You will not get what you truly want from your life by lying to yourself.
- No matter how much you might try to convince yourself otherwise, a lie is still a lie.
To lose weight today, you must stop living a lie
I’ve worked with some kind, generous, intelligent, beautiful women who’ve been trying, some of them for years, to convince themselves of a lie. Here are some examples of things they desperately wanted to believe about themselves:
- They were okay with living in an overweight body.
- That feeling uncomfortable in their own bodies was really acceptable to them.
- That they were truly happy with the way their life was going and all the extra weight they were carrying around.
- That being overweight and/or obese wasn’t taking a toll on both their physical and mental health.
Some of them lived a lie for so long that when they finally let themselves admit the truth, they were devastated by all the years that went by.
To lose weight today, realize that a lie is a lie
Thing is: a lie is still a lie no matter how much you may want to believe it or tell yourself that you believe it. Nothing will turn a lie into the truth.
And a lie causes a rift inside of you, even if you’re not necessarily aware of it early on. You’ll become aware of it though the longer you keep lying to yourself.
On the one side of that rift is the lie. On the other is the truth of what you really want to have/be/do/say. If you let it go on, that rift will tear you apart.
Start Where You Are
Eat what you want, lose weight, & keep it off.
To lose weight today, know that lying doesn’t serve you at all
Lying to yourself doesn’t serve you at all for two reasons:
- The rift inside you created by the lie causes you pain, which you likely use food to try to numb and/or avoid.
- All the time you spend lying to yourself is all the time you can never get back.
To lose weight today, discover what’s true for you
Just because someone else, even someone in authority or an expert on the subject, tells you what you “should” want to have/be/do/say, that does not mean it’s true for you.
That person’s advice and opinions are colored by their own experiences and their own limits and their own fears. When you take their advice or opinions as truth for you, well, those experiences and limits and fears become your own. Do yourself a kindness and don’t do that to yourself.
To lose weight today, decide what deeply matters to you
- You know what you want.
- You know what you need to do to go get it.
- Don’t let anybody ever tell you that you shouldn’t want it.
- Don’t let anybody ever tell you that you can’t have it.
If being in a body that feels like home to you and being comfortable in your own skin is important to you and moving confidently through the world matters to you, then that’s reason enough to pursue whatever it is you need to do to achieve those goals for yourself.
So to sum it all up …
- You listen to your own self.
- And you go after what you want for your life.
- You go be happy.
- You go create a life and a body you love.
Get off the diet-go-round. Get on with your life.®
Stop wishing, start doing.
Create your own weight loss before and after success story.
My weight loss transformation & how it can help you quit lying to yourself
You absolutely can break the diet cycle. I got free. Your life can be that way too.
I made my own path because I needed to get myself out of the crazy-making behavior I was having around food. I needed:
- no more dieting.
- no more restrictive eating.
- no weighing and measuring food.
- no off-limit foods.
- no more judgment around food.
- no more trying to figure out healthy eating or just what healthy foods to eat.
- no more judging my self-worth based on the scale.
- no more you’re-not-doing-it-perfectly diet rules that were only fueling my constant thinking about and obsession with food.
I needed to stop: searching for weight loss tips, wondering how to lose belly fat fast or how to lose weight fast, worrying about how to eat healthy or finding healthy snacks for weight loss, coming up with yet another healthy eating plan, trying to have quick weight loss, or forcing myself onto yet another weight loss diet. What I needed instead was to find, out of all the weight loss programs out there, the best weight loss program for me. Turns out, the best way to lose weight was to find out what works for me and do that.
- I’ve lost 160+ pounds naturally by simply trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and eating intuitively).
- I have maintained that weight loss for 9 years and counting by trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and intuitive eating).
- I no longer have any eating disorders, including bulimia (bulimia nervosa) and binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating).
- I no longer have a fear of food.
Just imagine what you could be doing with your life if you’d just commit to having your own before and after weight loss success story. You could be: following your own dreams and reaching your own goals, cultivating your own passions, and making both your inner and outer worlds a more blissful and peaceful place.
I got that for my life. I want it for yours. I will teach you how.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Coaching
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Coaching
1-on-1 personalized coaching
so you can eat what you want & lose weight.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Books
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Books
A series of weight-loss books to help you
create a body & a life that you love.
How to Lose Weight and Eat What You Want™ Online Course
Let today be the day you make peace with your body and with food.
For more information, check out the Start Where You Are Weight Loss® page.