To lose weight now, you must trust yourself absolutely. Self-trust really is the first secret to weight-loss (or any) success. Once you trust yourself implicitly, you stop looking for answers outside yourself. Instead, you start believing that all the answers really are inside you and that you do know what you most need to have/be/do/say to heal yourself.
Here are five steps you can take to trust yourself absolutely to lose weight now.
1. To trust yourself absolutely to lose weight now, speak strength to yourself
You know yourself better than anyone else. You know what words you most need to hear at any given moment to build you up, make you feel better, encourage yourself when you want to give up, and the list goes on. Stop waiting for someone else to speak those words to you and instead speak them to yourself.
The other thing you need to do is stop speaking negatively to yourself. That means no beating yourself up, judging yourself, labeling yourself, or anything else that drags you down. Always remember that you’ll be victorious or defeated not by what others say about you, but what you say about yourself.
Start Where You Are
Eat what you want, lose weight, & keep it off.
2. To trust yourself absolutely to lose weight now, take action to meet your own wants/needs
To lose weight now, you need to understand deep down in your bones that no one is coming to fix it.
It’s nobody else’s job but yours to fix your life. You got yourself into the place where you find yourself today because of the choices you made. You can also get yourself out by making different choices. Empower yourself right now by making new choices and taking action that gets you from where you are now to where you most want to be.
You can take action in tiny baby steps if that’s easier for you. Just make sure you’re taking action in the direction that you want to go. And if you think you have no choices, I would argue three things:
- You always have choices. Sometimes there aren’t any great choices, but there are always choices.
- The most disempowering thing you can do to yourself is to tell yourself that you’re stuck and you can’t choose differently to get yourself out.
- All you have to do to empower yourself right now is to change your mind.
3. To trust yourself absolutely to lose weight now, keep your promises to yourself
Would you trust somebody who was always breaking their promises to you? No, you would not. Why do you think that your relationship with yourself is any different?
You will never come to trust yourself absolutely if you break promises to yourself over and over. So the best and most effective way to build trust with yourself is to make a promise to yourself then keep it no matter what.
4. To trust yourself absolutely to lose weight now, reward yourself for a job well-done
Everybody likes a prize, no matter who they are. You get a reward for every milestone you reach, every hard thing you do, every fear you walk through, every goal you achieve, and on it goes. Yes, a reward every single time.
When you do that, you’re doing a couple of things that are great for your well-being:
- You’re celebrating your victories and reinforcing how you matter and what you do matters.
- You’re releasing biochemicals in your brain that both make you feel good about yourself and your life while also increasing your motivation to achieve bigger and better things.
5. To trust yourself absolutely to lose weight now, have your own back always
Would you trust somebody that gave up on you? What if they did it multiple times, giving you another chance only to abandon you again when you failed? What if they shook their head then made a face like they sucked on something sour, in essence shaming you? No, you would not trust that person one bit.
Just know this: that’s what you’re doing to yourself when you give up on yourself or when you refuse to give yourself unlimited chances or when you frown at yourself in the mirror and call yourself names. To trust yourself absolutely so you can lose weight now, you need to make an unbreakable commitment to yourself to never give up on yourself, no matter what happens, then you need to honor that commitment always.
Get off the diet-go-round. Get on with your life.®
Stop wishing, start doing.
Create your own weight loss before and after success story.
My weight loss transformation & how it can help you trust yourself absolutely so you can lose weight now
You absolutely can break the diet cycle. I got free. Your life can be that way too.
I made my own path because I needed to get myself out of the crazy-making behavior I was having around food. I needed:
- no more dieting.
- no more restrictive eating.
- no weighing and measuring food.
- no off-limit foods.
- no more judgment around food.
- no more trying to figure out healthy eating or just what healthy foods to eat.
- no more judging my self-worth based on the scale.
- no more you’re-not-doing-it-perfectly diet rules that were only fueling my constant thinking about and obsession with food.
I needed to stop: searching for weight loss tips, wondering how to lose belly fat fast or how to lose weight fast, worrying about how to eat healthy or finding healthy snacks for weight loss, coming up with yet another healthy eating plan, trying to have quick weight loss, or forcing myself onto yet another weight loss diet. What I needed instead was to find, out of all the weight loss programs out there, the best weight loss program for me. Turns out, the best way to lose weight was to find out what works for me and do that.
- I’ve lost 160+ pounds naturally by simply trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and eating intuitively).
- I have maintained that weight loss for 9 years and counting by trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and intuitive eating).
- I no longer have any eating disorders, including bulimia (bulimia nervosa) and binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating).
- I no longer have a fear of food.
Just imagine what you could be doing with your life if you’d just commit to having your own before and after weight loss success story. You could be: following your own dreams and reaching your own goals, cultivating your own passions, and making both your inner and outer worlds a more blissful and peaceful place.
I got that for my life. I want it for yours. I will teach you how.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Coaching
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Coaching
1-on-1 personalized coaching
so you can eat what you want & lose weight.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Books
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Books
A series of weight-loss books to help you
create a body & a life that you love.
How to Lose Weight and Eat What You Want™ Online Course
Let today be the day you make peace with your body and with food.
For more information, check out the Start Where You Are Weight Loss® page.