Meat eater? Fan of cheese? Looking for something a little different & a lot delicious? Here’s a slow-cooker cheesesteak sandwich recipe that’s a southern twist on a Philly favorite.
Prep. time: 25 minutes. Cost: Less than $20. Serves: 6.
To make slow-cooker cheesesteak, you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of beef round steak (sliced into strips) or beef shaved steak
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (top & seeds removed, sliced)
- 1 green pepper (top & seeds removed, sliced)
- 1/2 orange pepper (top & seeds removed, sliced)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (top & seeds removed, sliced)
- 1 lb. shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 6 of your favorite kind of bread rolls
To make slow-cooker cheesesteak, follow these directions:
- Add the steak to the slow-cooker.
- Mix the pepper, salt, garlic, broth, & Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl then pour over the meat in the slow-cooker.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Sauté the onion & all the peppers together until browned.
- Add the vegetables, including any drippings, to the slow-cooker.
- Do not stir.
- Cover & cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Toast the bread rolls when nearly ready to serve.
- Stir the ingredients in the slow cooker then use a slotted spoon to serve onto the bread rolls.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the slow-cooker. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.
4 thoughts on “Slow-Cooker Kickin’ Carolina Cheesesteak”
LOL. I read the title as ‘cheesecake’ (can you tell what I’m craving?) But even though it’s not, it still looks yummy. Makes me wish it eleven o’clock instead of nearly five. 🙂
Hi Kristy! Now you’ve got me wanting cheesecake. 😀 LOL. I think it’s delish. Let me know what you think if you give it a try. Cheers, darlin.
Looks yummy. With my busy schedule I really should use a slow cooker. Like every day. haha!! Thank you for the recipe!
Hi lovely Heather! It really is good & easy. Slow cookers are awesome because you throw everything in, turn that sucker on, & have a meal when you get home. 🙂
Comments are closed.