Just so you know, I had pandemic weight gain too. That happened because I was using food in a way it was never intended to be used. I’ve since lost the weight easily by doing what I’m going to be teaching you to do in three easy steps.
1. To fix pandemic weight gain, put food in its rightful place in your life
Food has one job and that’s as fuel for your body so you can thrive. Food is not intended to fix anything else. It can’t fix your financial problems, relationships, feelings of shame, boredom, anxiety, fear, and/or anything else you might’ve used it for during the pandemic.
Food is fuel for your body and that’s all it is. When you give food power that doesn’t belong to it, that’s when you feel powerless. To empower yourself, you need to put food back in its rightful place in your life, which is to nourish your body so you can go do the things that you want to do.
Start Where You Are
Eat what you want, lose weight, & keep it off.
2. To fix pandemic weight gain, address your actual needs
If you’re reaching for food and you’re not hungry, simply stop. Don’t reach for food. Instead, ask yourself: What do you actually need in that moment? What action can you take that will actually solve your problem?
You might need to
- feel your feelings
- take a break
- do some self-care
- confront something or someone you’ve been avoiding
- and on the list goes.
Whatever the actual problem is, you need to address that.
To lose the weight (and to keep it off), you must give yourself what you actually need (which in that moment is not food) and/or you need to take action to fix the real problem.
3. To fix pandemic weight gain, trust your body and act on its cues
Your body will give you cues to tell you when you’re hungry and also when you’re comfortably full. So trust your body and listen to it. All you need to do is eat between the bounds of hunger and fullness. If you do that, the weight will come back off.
I know it will because I gained 13 pounds during the pandemic. That happened because I was looking for food to fix a trapped feeling I had. Once I took action so I didn’t feel trapped anymore and started listening to my body cues again, the weight came back off easily.
Your body really will tell you everything you need to know to lose the weight and keep it off. You just need to trust yourself and trust your body, and I know you are capable of doing both those things.
Get off the diet-go-round. Get on with your life.®
Stop wishing, start doing.
Create your own weight loss before and after success story.
My weight loss transformation & how it can help you fix pandemic weight gain
You absolutely can break the diet cycle. I got free. Your life can be that way too.
I made my own path because I needed to get myself out of the crazy-making behavior I was having around food. I needed:
- no more dieting.
- no more restrictive eating.
- no weighing and measuring food.
- no off-limit foods.
- no more judgment around food.
- no more trying to figure out healthy eating or just what healthy foods to eat.
- no more judging my self-worth based on the scale.
- no more you’re-not-doing-it-perfectly diet rules that were only fueling my constant thinking about and obsession with food.
I needed to stop: searching for weight loss tips, wondering how to lose belly fat fast or how to lose weight fast, worrying about how to eat healthy or finding healthy snacks for weight loss, coming up with yet another healthy eating plan, trying to have quick weight loss, or forcing myself onto yet another weight loss diet. What I needed instead was to find, out of all the weight loss programs out there, the best weight loss program for me. Turns out, the best way to lose weight was to find out what works for me and do that.
- I’ve lost 160+ pounds naturally by simply trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and eating intuitively).
- I have maintained that weight loss for 9 years and counting by trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and intuitive eating).
- I no longer have any eating disorders, including bulimia (bulimia nervosa) and binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating).
- I no longer have a fear of food.
Just imagine what you could be doing with your life if you’d just commit to having your own before and after weight loss success story. You could be: following your own dreams and reaching your own goals, cultivating your own passions, and making both your inner and outer worlds a more blissful and peaceful place.
I got that for my life. I want it for yours. I will teach you how.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Coaching
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Coaching
1-on-1 personalized coaching
so you can eat what you want & lose weight.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Books
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Books
A series of weight-loss books to help you
create a body & a life that you love.
How to Lose Weight and Eat What You Want™ Online Course
Let today be the day you make peace with your body and with food.
For more information, check out the Start Where You Are Weight Loss® page.