For slow-cooker pulled pork, this one is easy, easy, easy. It’ll probably take you all of 15 minutes to put together. Depending on how much each person eats, it’ll feed 6-8 people. Cost is less than $20, the majority of that is for the pork.
To make slow-cooker pulled pork, you’ll need:
- 5-6 pounds pork roast or pork ribs (boneless is easier, but bone-in will work, too)
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp. salt (depending on how salty you like it)
To make slow-cooker pulled pork, follow these directions:
- Put the pork in the slow-cooker.
- Add just enough water to cover.
- Add salt.
- Cook on HIGH for 8 hours.
- Drain in a strainer (pull out any bones & fat at this point and discard)
- With a fork, stir and separate the meat until it looks like strands.
- Put the meat back into the slow-cooker.
At this point, make one of two choices:
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce and stir; heat on LOW for another 30-45 minutes. OR
- Use the BBQ sauce recipe below.
For slow-cooker pulled pork BBQ sauce, you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 cup liquid honey
For BBQ sauce, follow these directions:
- Combine all the above ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then turn down the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over pulled pork in slow-cooker and stir.
- Serve immediately by itself or on a bun.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.