So this one for slow-cooker scrumptious Sunday brunch is always a winner. And crazy easy. And delicious. Takes about 10 minutes prep. time. Serves 8 – 10. Costs less than $10.
To make slow-cooker scrumptious Sunday brunch, You’ll need:
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese (2 cups then later 1 cup)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces ham steak, diced
- 3/4 cup green onions, chopped (1/2 cup then later 1/4 cup)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To make slow-cooker scrumptious Sunday brunch, follow these directions:
- Spray entire slow-cooker with non-stick spray.
- Make even layers in this order: bread, 2 cups of Cheddar cheese, potatoes, ham, & 1/2 cup onions.
- Combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk together then pour evenly over top of layers in crock-pot.
- Cook on LOW for 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 hours or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Turn off the slow-cooker then uncover and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup onions evenly over top. Return the cover and let stand until cheese has melted.
- Remove from slow-cooker by running a knife around the outside edge then inverting onto a plate covered with wax paper then inverting again onto a serving plate.
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary so the first time you make a recipe, keep an eye on the slow-cooker. You may need to adjust the amount of cooking time.
For more delicious slow-cooker recipes, click here.