To win at weight loss, you need to reframe failure. So here’s a quick story: Once upon a time, there was a girl who had a dream, tucked in her ribcage right against her heart. She was afraid of risk, afraid of what might happen if she stepped out to pursue it, afraid of failure. But she did step out, telling herself to have faith, walking in the direction her heart told her to go. She put all her hopes on the line. And she failed. Publicly. Humiliatingly. That failure hurt so badly that the next time opportunity came knocking, she shook her head and whispered no and shut the door.
To win at weight loss, believe there are only two choices
But what if that girl stopped believing in failure?
- What if she started believing that there were only two choices when she stepped out in faith and tried something, those choices being either success or learning?
- How would her life look if she could simply reframe that experience so it served her better, served as something she could grow from instead of be defeated by?
- What if she looked at that failure like it was an experience full of lessons for her to learn?
Well, her life would look a lot like a girl full of her own power. It would look like a girl making choices in her own best interests. It would look like a life free of the constraints of fear.
Start Where You Are
Eat what you want, lose weight, & keep it off.
To win at weight loss, realize you’re going to fail at some point
I just want you to know that you’re going to fail at some point while you’re losing weight. You might overeat or binge or purge or do something else that makes you feel like quitting. You’re also going to fail while just living your life. You might fail quietly when it’s not that big a deal or you might fail spectacularly when the stakes are really high. You’re likely to fail many, many times.
Don’t think you’re alone in that. I don’t even know how many times I’ve failed. I stopped keeping track as soon as I stopped believing in failure.
To win at weight loss, simply change your mind
The trick to overcoming failure is to stop believing in it. All you have to do is change your mind, and reframe how you look at things. There is no failure; there’s only success or learning. Once you reframe it like that, the pressure’s off and you simply have to keep learning until you succeed.
Get off the diet-go-round. Get on with your life.®
Stop wishing, start doing.
Create your own weight loss before and after success story.
My weight loss transformation & how it can help you win at weight loss
You absolutely can break the diet cycle. I got free. Your life can be that way too.
I made my own path because I needed to get myself out of the crazy-making behavior I was having around food. I needed:
- no more dieting.
- no more restrictive eating.
- no weighing and measuring food.
- no off-limit foods.
- no more judgment around food.
- no more trying to figure out healthy eating or just what healthy foods to eat.
- no more judging my self-worth based on the scale.
- no more you’re-not-doing-it-perfectly diet rules that were only fueling my constant thinking about and obsession with food.
I needed to stop: searching for weight loss tips, wondering how to lose belly fat fast or how to lose weight fast, worrying about how to eat healthy or finding healthy snacks for weight loss, coming up with yet another healthy eating plan, trying to have quick weight loss, or forcing myself onto yet another weight loss diet. What I needed instead was to find, out of all the weight loss programs out there, the best weight loss program for me. Turns out, the best way to lose weight was to find out what works for me and do that.
- I’ve lost 160+ pounds naturally by simply trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and eating intuitively).
- I have maintained that weight loss for 9 years and counting by trusting myself and listening to my intuition (mindful eating and intuitive eating).
- I no longer have any eating disorders, including bulimia (bulimia nervosa) and binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating).
- I no longer have a fear of food.
Just imagine what you could be doing with your life if you’d just commit to having your own before and after weight loss success story. You could be: following your own dreams and reaching your own goals, cultivating your own passions, and making both your inner and outer worlds a more blissful and peaceful place.
I got that for my life. I want it for yours. I will teach you how.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Coaching
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Coaching
1-on-1 personalized coaching
so you can eat what you want & lose weight.
Start Where You Are Weight Loss Books
Start Where You Are
Weight Loss Books
A series of weight-loss books to help you
create a body & a life that you love.
How to Lose Weight and Eat What You Want™ Online Course
Let today be the day you make peace with your body and with food.
For more information, check out the Start Where You Are Weight Loss® page.