You may feel like you’re not ready. You may believe with your whole heart that you’re not ready. You may tell yourself over and over that you’re not ready. Others may tell you that you’re not ready.
But here’s the truth: you are ready, right now, as you are.
There’s never likely to be a perfect time when: the stars align, all your ducks are in a row, the fear is gone, absolute permission is granted, the outcome is assured, and/or [insert whatever it is you’re waiting for here]. Your life is happening right now and you’re missing it, I say kindly, while you try to convince yourself that you’re not ready and defend your inabilities and keep yourself confined inside your comfort zone.
- Know this: you’re only on this earth temporarily. You only have a limited time to have/be/do/say what you want for your life. There’s not that kind of time to keep hoping the right time will finally present itself.
- Know this too: the fear (which is likely the culprit as to why you believe you’re not ready) will not be less tomorrow or next week or even January 1 of next year. It just won’t.
- Know this three: you are ready right now (oh yes, you are) to take the steps you need to take to get yourself to where you most want to be and to create a life that you love living.
Why You Are Ready Right Now
1. You are ready because you know your reason why.
Your why is personal and specific to you. It’s the reason you’ve set out on the path you have and it’s also what guides your life and the things you choose to do. Your why gives your life meaning, motivates you to start, and sustains you when times get challenging so you can keep going all the way until you finish.
And if you don’t know your reason why: read this post.
2. You are ready because you have checked your motivation.
You are the sole reason that you are doing whatever it is you’re doing. You have chosen to do whatever it is you’re doing because it deeply matters to you or is an activity you would enjoy or is something that would nourish/fulfill you.
And if you haven’t checked your motivation yet: read this post.
3. You are ready because you trust yourself.
All the answers you need really are inside of you. You don’t doubt your ability to have those answers; you just know they are there. Your intuition will give you all the answers you need to best take care of yourself, to show you what the next step you need to take is, to guide you in which direction you need to be headed, and to give answers to all those things that you need to know. Your intuition will reassure you of your ability to handle anything that comes at you, so you listen to it and do what it says.
And if you don’t trust yourself yet: read this post.
Some things I’ve learned:
Take action now and:
- the way will become clear to you,
- people/places/things will come into your life to help you,
- ideas will keep flowing into you,
- you will get everything you need right when you need it to move you forward to the next step and the next and the next, all the way until you finish at the end,
- so believe you are ready (because you are) and begin.
So what will you take action on and jump into today?
2 thoughts on “You Are Ready . . . Oh Yes, You Are”
Great way and mindset to start off the new year! Thanks!
Hi lovely Heather! Happy New Year! Thanks for the fab compliment. Made me smile this afternoon. 🙂
Comments are closed.